The USMC Pack System in Coyote Brown is a genuine US government issue piece. These are made for military contract by manufacturers like Propper and Eagle Industries. The USMC Pack System is designed as a replacement for the standard ILBE pack system and is specifically intended to provide the Marine with a load carriage system that fully integrates with currently fielded body armor systems. One called FILBE (Family of Improved Load Bearing Equipment), it's now just simply called the Marine Corps Pack System.
The main pack is separated by a shelf into a 3400 cu. in. main compartment and a 1600 cu. in. lower sleeping bag compartment. It can be converted into one large compartment by opening a slide fastener located on the shelf. The padded shoulders straps and waist belt are highly adjustable for all sizes.
The full pack system is many parts. These are sold as complete packs, but do NOT include optional accessories or other pieces outside of the main pack. This means you will receive the main bag, frame, shoulder harness assembly and hip belt.
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps and waist belt
- Load weight up to 200 LBs
- Frame measures approx. 23" x 15"
- Utilizes PALS webbing for attachment of modular pouches
- Includes external frame with adjustable harness and internal radio pocket
- Consists of two compartments separated by a shelf:
- Approximately 5000 cubic inch total capacity
- Main compartment: approximately 3,400 cubic inches
- Lower compartment: approximately 1,600 cubic inches
- Product may come unassembled