The Improved Combat Shelter is a single-storage vestibule, one-person size, double-walled, free-standing tent that strikes easily. The ICS is the next generation one soldier combat shelter currently being used by the U.S. military.
Improved Combat Shelter Features:
- Versatile, Man-Portable, Shelter System for One Person
- Consists of a Shelter Body, an Attachable Rain Fly (Provides a Waterproof Shelter and Forms a Shelter Storage Vestibule, or Functions Separately as a Hooch), Support Poles, Ground Stakes, and Carry Bag.
- Made from Lightweight, Durable, Ripstop Nylon with a Black Rubber Backing to Block Light from Coming In or Out (If Trying to Sleep in Daytime it is Pitch Black Inside; If its Night Time and You are Shining a Torch Inside, the Light Cannot be Seen Outside so in Theory You Aren't Detected by the Enemy)
- Stops Infra Red Signature
- Flame Resistant
- Provides Protection from Rain, Wind, and Snow in Climates Ranging from Basic Cold Through Tropical Hot without Leaking or Collapsing
- Main Body Design is Open Front with a Slight Overhang on the Flysheet to Shelter the Entrance
- Front Entrance is Double Zipped; No-See-Um Insect Netting and a Waterproofed Panel Behind so You can have the Back Panel Open in Summer and Get Light and Extra Air in Through the Insect Mesh.
- Back Entrance is Zippered and also Made of Ripstop Nylon; Leads to Your Porch Area when the Flysheet is Attached; Allows for Cross Ventilation
- Flysheet has Grommets at all its Corners to Accept the Poles, so it can be Used on its Own as a Quick Shelter or Attached to the Main Body via Fastex Nylon Buckles at each Corner and Pegged Down with the Peg Tabs Running Along the Outer Edge for Extra Stability in High Winds; Fly has a Wide Weatherproofing Strip over the Zipper to Assure Zero Leaks and Velcro Secondary Fasteners for quick egress/ingress in combat situations
- Main Body Base is a Bath-Tub Type with a Thick Rubberized Material that Extends About 8 Inches Up the Sides of the Main Body Preventing Water or Mud from Getting In
- Sets up like any Regular "Cross Pole" Design but Faster Since it Uses 12 Clip Connectors vs. Sleeves to Attach the Poles to the Tent Body
- Tent dimensions 96 in (L) x 40.5 in (W) x 32.5 in (H) at its peak
- Carrying Weight: 6.50 lbs
- Packed Volume Approx. 17" x 5.5"
- Pattern: Universal Camo
- Made in the USA
- USED GOOD CONDITION